Jeff Milbrandt recently had a paper published in PNAS, titled: “mTORC1 promotes proliferation of immature Schwann cells and myelin growth of differentiated Schwann cells.” Dr. Bogdan Beirowski, principal investigator at the Hunter James Kelly Research Institute at the State University of New York, is lead author on the paper. Keit Men Wong, a Ph.D. student at the State University of New York, and Dr. Elisabetta Babetto, a research assistant professor at Hunter James Kelly Research Institute, are also authors. Read the study abstract here.
- Milbrandt Lab graduate student defends thesis on enzymatic function of TIR domain
- Kow Essuman wins 2019 O’Leary Prize
- Milbrandt and DiAntonio labs publish paper on gene therapy for peripheral nerve damage in mice
- Kow Essuman named a Spencer T. and Ann W. Olin Medical Science Fellow
- Milbrandt lab postdoc publishes paper on axon survival factors