We are studying the pathways promoting axon degeneration with the hopes of identifying new therapeutic targets for neuropathy and neurodegeneration. Using robotics and automated imaging systems, we have developed a high-throughput screening platform using primary sensory neuron cultures to find 1) small molecule inhibitors of axon degeneration, and 2) genes required for axon degeneration.
- Milbrandt Lab graduate student defends thesis on enzymatic function of TIR domain
- Kow Essuman wins 2019 O’Leary Prize
- Milbrandt and DiAntonio labs publish paper on gene therapy for peripheral nerve damage in mice
- Kow Essuman named a Spencer T. and Ann W. Olin Medical Science Fellow
- Milbrandt lab postdoc publishes paper on axon survival factors